Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Potty Time

Caitlin has been giving us signs that she's ready to potty train for quite some time. At first I was hesitant because she wasn't communicating very well. But then she started trying to talk and signing even more. And then we were moving. I didn't want to have her regress because we were going through so much change. So I sort of ignored the little signs.

But Jon hasn't been so reluctant to let his little girl grow up. Because of the room darkening shades in the hotel room Caitlin has been taking some fantastic naps. So she's usually still asleep when Jon gets home at 4:15pm. Since he's home he is able to get her up from her nap and cuddle with her while she wakes up. Today he asked her if she wanted to go potty when he got her up and she said yes.

Since we are in a hotel we don't have the child potty seat with us and so he had to hold her so she wouldn't fall in. She made a face when I started taking pictures. I guess she thought I was being silly. =)
Caitlin went pee pee in the potty. She was so proud of herself! It was precious. 
She got lots of praise and a cookie. 
Good job little bug!!!

No comments: