Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dry Air

You might remember my mentioning the mold in our little hotel suite. It has gradually gotten worse as each day goes by. You can now visibly see mold in spots all over the walls and it feels so wet when you walk into the room.
Yesterday Jon called and complained about the air conditioner over flowing and pouring water onto the carpet again. So the repair man came up for the 3rd time since we moved in. The carpet was so damp that his pants were wet from kneeling while trying to fix the problem. He supposedly fixed the problem and brought us a dehumidifier to dry out the carpet. I was supposed to place it outside our door at 4pm yesterday. He felt like this would have given the carpet enough time to dry out. 
Well I have been keeping the dehumidifier hostage and am refusing to return it. I can breath in my little rooms now and the towels, sheets and our clothes aren't feeling wet anymore. 
We have asked the seller of our home if we can move in before closing so we can get out of this hotel. But in the mean time I refuse to "breath under water" while I'm in my hotel suite. So if the dehumidifier leaves I'm leaving right behind it. Tolkie can survive in a kitty hotel until then. I WILL NOT put up with living in a rain forest anymore now that I've felt the dry air again!!!

No comments: