Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Dominic!!!

Dominic is 4 years old today!

Dominic is the best son in the world. He has a crazy wild imagination that amuses and amazes us all the time. He never stops moving or talking. So we are always being entertained. 
But he also has a quieter sweet side. He wakes me up in the morning with kisses and hugs. He routinely calls me beautiful and tells me I'm the best mom. 
He's super smart. He's learning to read and picks up on things when we had no clue that he was even listening. =)
It is the best job in the world being mom to Dominic Murrell.

We returned from Canada this morning at approx 2am.
Because of the move I was not able to purchase any presents ahead of time. I had already bought the items to top the cake I was going to make. Dominic had his heart set on a race car cake. But I don't have an oven and couldn't find the toys for the top.
So this morning after the kids finally woke up I went to Walmart and ordered a small cake. Then I headed to the toy section and bought some race cars for the top. I also had Dominic close his eyes while I picked up a couple of toys and then hid them under a jacket.

The cake.
Dominic picked Taco Bell (real surprise there) as the place he wanted to eat at.
He ordered the smallest thing he could think of so he would be finished quickly. Then he had to wait on us to finish so he could have cake. =)
He was so excited!
I forgot to buy candles so I had Dominic hold his fingers up to show how old he was. When I finished with the picture he "blew" his fingers out.
So we gave him his presents wrapped in a jacket and then ate our cake on Taco Bell napkins.
It didn't seem to stop the kids from enjoying the cake.
The black frosting turned Dominic's tongue black.
It was so good he had to lick the "plate".

On a side note:
I promised Dominic a toy if he would dance down the aisle at the wedding the way he was supposed to. He asked for a fish instead. Then afterwards he convinced me that since Caitlin did her job that she should have a fish as well.
We are now the proud owners of two fish named Thunder and Lightening.

No comments: