Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Snap shots of life in the slow lane

Our life right now is pretty unstressful. We are waiting to close on both homes and don't really have anything to do. The hotel is super easy to keep clean, especially with a housekeeper. =)
So we are finding out where all the parks and fun places to go are.
The next few photos are just random shots of us having fun.

I had found a snorkel on clearance. Dominic had been begging me for one so I picked it up. Caitlin tried so hard to be like big brother.
Dominic HAD to try it out that evening when Jon got home even though it had been pretty cool all day and the pool was freezing. It was chilly enough that Caitlin and I stayed in the room. Dominic was, of course, shivering when he came back.
The IHOP in New Bern was TERRIBLE. Every time I went there I left saying I wasn't ever going to return. Then about a year later someone would ask me to go and I'd go having forgotten how bad it was.
So yesterday we decided to give the one here a try. It was cleaner. The staff were more polite and the service was super fast. Kids eat free every day for supper so that was a bonus as well.
But the strawberry cheesecake pancakes sealed the deal. 

I got out the camera to take a picture of the yogurt all over Caitlin and she made this face.
I wanted to do a bit of shopping today so I bribed the kids with the park if they would be good for me. Went into Old Navy and the dressing room has a play area for the kids. I had to drag them out. Even the mention of the park wasn't enough. So it looks like I'll have no problem shopping there again. NICE!

The park was very simple, but the slides were a favorite and we'll be going back again. 
This slide was super slick and so Dominic would fly down.
Caitlin went down upside down a couple of times. Didn't seem to faze her.

Most of the time the kids would get off the slide and run around to the steps. But once I looked up (I was reading) and saw her like this.
Dominic was great at helping, but I felt better being there as a second spotter.

Dominic going up the spiral "stairs".

No comments: