Friday, January 15, 2010

Cute kids!

Just a couple of cute things my kids have said or done while we've been gone.

Dominic and Leila were playing with the salt and pepper shakers while Zeb and I talked and waited for our food. Zeb started laughing and asked me if I'd heard what Dominic said to Leila.
"Here's mine and you can have this one. I'm pepperoni and you can be salteroni."

Wednesday night we met Zeb again to eat at Olive Garden and the waiter was a climber as well. (He should stick with that. He was a HORRIBLE waiter.) He and Zeb were talking about climbing (w/out ropes) and Dominic piped up and said "Uncle Zeb, you shouldn't climb without ropes. It's dangerous." Smart boy! =)
At the same meal Dominic told Zeb that he looked different this time than he'd looked at Thanksgiving. Zeb informed him it was because he had gotten his hair cut. That he used to have much longer hair, but when it started to get curly he cut it off. Dominic said "Oh! Did you look like a princess?"

Whenever someone coughs Caitlin copies them and covers her mouth. It's so cute. I had just coughed and Caitlin put her hand up to my mouth and then fake coughed. Not sure why she didn't cover her own mouth, but it was cute.
She's starting to copy everything we do now. She's learning the sign language and English better because of this. She can sign about 8 signs (and knows by sight quite a few more) and she can said about 5 words. They aren't clear, but her family knows what she's saying. Uh-oh is really clear and so cute when she drops something on purpose and then says it.

1 comment:

Jo Abair said...

I love this age! Its too cute. Do you have any of the alex and leah sign videos? My kids learned hundreds of words from them, they are fun and I will allow them on weekdays (we dont do non ed videos on school days) so they watch them over and over. The first series is the best though, so if you buy some I suggest those first. I think there are 13. I bought 2, 6 and 9 from series 2 bc they looked good (zoo) but in the 2nd series, sometimes you see the kids playing around and you hear the singing but you dont see the teacher do all the signs in this series. First series was slightly less upbeat but more educational. Also, when they are older or just for you, buy the game sign it if you can find it. Its expensive but oh so worth it for the book and cards! We use that way more than the board part of the game. I know your children are younger than mine, but you can learn so much yourself from it and then teach them and by the time they can play it they will know enough cards to make the game fun.