Sunday, January 10, 2010

Jon in Berlin - Day 6 addendum

Well, I figured out how to post to the blog myself so I thought I would go ahead and add some of the photos I took today while wandering around town.

As planned I went up to Meilenwerk first and was not disappointed.


The glass panels you see on the right of the preceding photo is actually a double-decker glassed-in storage rack.
This last one is especially for Uncle Tom. The woodwork on this boat was just fabulous.

Next I thought I would go down to KaDeWe but got there and they were closed, as are most stores on Sunday. That wasn't too cool so I went back over to Potsdamerplatz and took some photos of the Lego giraffe, Lego Einstein and some of the buildings there.




For lunch today I tried the famous Turkish food known as Döner Kebab - basically a lamb sandwich which has had the meat shaved off of a vertical rottiserie. It was OK and I can't say I won't ever eat it again.
This will probably be my last blog from Berlin since tomorrow it's back to work and then home on Friday. See you all on the other side of the pond ö

No comments: