Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow-Sorta

It was predicted to snow 2-6 inches on Thursday so I drove up to my parents house a day early to avoid having to drive in it.
My parents bought sleds so that the kids could play in the snow. We didn't get more than a skiff, but since the grass was frozen and the hills were steep it worked really well.Caitlin didn't actually slide anywhere. But we wanted a picture of her in the sled. She was NOT impressed.
The entire time we were out there she kept looking at everything. My dad is building an apartment at the bottom of the hill (they live at the top). And we went inside so she could get warm. She kept asking to go back outside (in sign language-she's not talking). Guess she didn't want to miss out on anything.My dad slid into the woods. This is about when we decided to head a bit farther down the hill. You can see the pond through the woods.

The pond is frozen. So Daddy took the kids down to "ice skate" on their shoes. When he walked onto it he heard a crack. The pond isn't more than 3 feet deep so he just stayed on the edge and watched them. We decided to leave when Dominic fell on his bum and we heard another crack. They wouldn't drown, but it would have been a very cold run up the hill to the house.
Making a snow angel. There wasn't enough snow any where else.
Kami and Lexi (my sister and niece for those of you who don't know)
KamiMe. It was fun being a child again. I couldn't believe how fast that sled went.Even my mom took a turn.Self-portrait
My mom and Caitlin heading back up to the house while we all stayed to sled some more.I LOVE this picture! The looks on everyone's faces is priceless.

No comments: