Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sleepless Nights/Cute kids

I love these pictures of the kids.
Caitlin was smiling so sweetly so I had to take a few pictures for Jon. I told Caitlin to smile for the camera so Daddy could see. This next picture was so sweet/sad because she got all excited and started looking past me to see if he was behind me.Dominic was caught! He had been very quiet while I was in the kitchen with Caitlin and when I went to investigate this is what I found. He wasn't harming anything so I let him climb for a few minutes.Last night was a little rough for all of us. My aunt and uncle have some renters who are staying in their mother-in-law suite in their basement. We are staying in a spare bedroom in the basement as well. There is an inside door that is always closed that leads directly into the apartment and this door is right by where the kids were sleeping.
The renters were being a bit loud last night. When I put the kids to bed at 7:30pm the tv was pretty loud. Since it was sounds he wasn't familiar with Dominic thought it was monsters. He kept waking up every 20-40 minutes all evening because the tv was so loud. Finally at almost 1am Dominic had had enough. He started crying and asked me to tell those rude people to stop. I was pretty upset by this time as well and figured it would sound better coming from him. So I knocked on the door and told him to tell them to be quiet. He yelled at the top of his lungs "BE QUIET!"
This stopped them for about 5 minutes and then the tv got even louder. At about 1:30am I heard Dominic get up and run to the door. He started pounding on the door. "STOP NOW! BE QUIET! I'M TRYING TO SLEEP! STOP, PLEASE STOP!" The guy came to the door and asked us what the problem was rather rudely and then went back to his loud tv. It was around 2am when he either went to bed or we all fell asleep from sheer exhaustion.
The kids were so whiny the next morning. And I have to admit that I allowed them to be as loud and noisy as they wanted as long as they were right by that door. It's terrible of me I know, but I just couldn't stop myself. =) Now I just have to figure out what to do the other nights if it happens again when we return on Saturday night.

No comments: