Friday, January 29, 2010

Elephants

I'm extremely sentimental. Jon sometimes laughs at me because of the things I keep simply for sentimental reasons.

I was told a story about Jon's grandmother. Not sure of the details, but it seems she collected elephants. As the story goes, she didn't even like elephants. But once you get a couple of something people make the assumption that you are collecting them and it never stops. So when she passed away she had a large collection of elephants. This past November Jon's mom brought us a few of them to pass on to our kids. Jon wasn't sure I would want them cluttering up my house, but I insisted. What a neat thing to be able to pass on to my kids - their great-grandmother's elephant collection.

When Jon went to Germany he was having a difficult time finding me something to bring back. Almost everything there can be bought here for cheaper. He found this elephant and thought he'd add to my "collection". I LOVED it. Another Murrell woman who never intended to collect elephants now has the beginnings of one. =)It is so cute and now has sentimentalism attached to it. I wonder if Jon knew what he was starting? =)

No comments: