Friday, January 29, 2010

Family days

Dominic had heartburn. He'd never had it before and was really upset. "Mommy, my heart is broken and bleeding."

Yesterday (Thursday) Dominic asked me "What days are family days?" I made the correct assumption that he was talking about days that Daddy was home. "Sabbath and Sunday, Dominic." "Oh, I think we should make Thursday a family day too. I want Daddy to stay home with us." I just love it that my kids think their Dad is the greatest and want to spend time with him.

Our local gymnastics has an open gym for preschoolers and lets them play on the equipment for an hour. Dominic loves it and was asking me if he could go to gymnapsticks (gym NAP sticks).

My poor daughter has learned a new sign. It seems that I'm a bit busier with two kids than one and so I'm always asking her to wait just a few minutes for something she wants. Yesterday she was playing with a toy and I asked her to come so she signed wait and continued to play. I had to smile.

No comments: