Friday, December 17, 2010

Ginger Bread Houses

In previous years Dominic has made ginger bread houses with Miss Melony. 
But this year I had to do it myself.
The houses were hot glued graham crackers. So I figured it would be easy to make and super fun for the kids. I invited a ton of people over and then proceeded to make the houses.
After a seriously burned finger and arm I had enough houses.
Then it snowed and most of the people couldn't come.
 
But we still had tons of fun.

Caitlin never bothered putting anything on her house. She just ate.
And typical Caitlin she ate mostly pretzels and crackers.
Everything you see on her little house was put there by me trying to show her what she was supposed to be doing.
 Dominic started to put candy on his house, but abandoned the idea rather quickly and typical Dominic ate all candy.
The other kids who joined our little party.
 
 
They did a great job on their houses.
 
Miles asked if he could eat some candy off of his house. His mom told him that he could when he got home. Soon after I noticed him putting candy on top of candy. Kids are so smart. =)
A ginger bread making party wouldn't be complete without hot chocolate. Then we tried adding candy canes to it.
Apparently they make great fangs.
By the time we finished we had three really great houses and two no so great. If you guessed the bad ones belonged to my children you would have been correct. Caitlin never started and Dominic ended up eating everything off of his and then licking the frosting off as well. So it looked almost the same as when he started. Oh well! At least he had fun.

This picture is when he's half done with removing the candy. You can see the finger marks where he has started eating the frosting.
And because of the snow I have extra houses left over.
So I'll be doing it again this weekend with my nieces.

1 comment:

Torry said...

FUN! We're going to do the same thing on Christmas Eve again. That Ms. Melony has started some wonderful traditions! It's rolling over into other homes as the kids we had over last year are all excited to do it again this year!