Sunday, December 19, 2010

Potty Time

Caitlin went pee pee in the potty all by herself today!

She had acted interested in going when we were in the hotel back in August. But we were out of the hotel all morning and she was napping in the afternoon so I ignored her. It just wasn't convenient. Then back in October I decided it was time. So I took a day with nothing going on and had the little "you are a big girl" talk. She said yes and then proceeded to totally ignore everything she was supposed to do. By the end of the day I had given up. She just wasn't interested. I figured I would start again in January after the holidays.

She came up to me about an hour ago and asked to go potty. If she asks we take her. But she's never done anything. Today she did! So we gave her some candy and really praised her. Just now she did it again. Silly girl is not going to follow my time table. It appears that she is now ready. So here we go. It will be funny if she potty trains herself. =)

No comments: