Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Talking

When Dominic was a little guy just learning to talk he would ask me to hold him.
"Mommy, hold you please."
I loved it and couldn't ever bring myself to correct him. I wanted it to last for as long as possible.
Eventually he quit and I was sad.

Guess what?
Caitlin asked me to hold her yesterday.
"Mommy, hold you please."
I'm in heaven.
Now I get a few more months of precious baby talk.

She's really talking well. She doesn't pronounce things clearly sometimes, but she's putting words together to make sentences and answering questions.
One of her favorite things to do is to say
"Huh?" as if she didn't understand something her brother asked her.
Then he asks louder. Each time she asks "huh?" and he gets louder.
It ends with her laughing and Dominic very frustrated.

No comments: